Ocean Blue Pool Supply & Services is Hiring!
Pool Route Manager
Pool Route Manager
Ocean Blue Pool Supply & Services is a family owned and operated mid-size pool company based in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Ocean Blue has been in the swimming pool industry since 2002. We have a retail location and an established customer base for which we provide weekly pool service and repairs within Manatee and Sarasota counties. We are currently taking applicants within our Maintenance division and are looking for a quality Pool Route Manager to join our team. In addition to the duties listed below, a Pool Route Manager has a go-getter attitude, is a fast learner, and can perform job tasks correctly, efficiently, and professionally.
Good customer service experience is a priority. Must have a clean driving record, good work history, be Drug Free & satisfy background check. Must have over 3 yrs driving experience with a clear driving history to qualify as a driver for our fleet auto insurance. No DUI’s. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds and work outside in the Florida heat.
Please apply in person and be prepared with references, work history or resume. We will need to photocopy your driver’s license for a driver’s application. Our storefront hours are M-F 8-6, Sat 9-5: 14636 E State Rd 70, Lakewood Ranch
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to train, manage, and encourage a team of pool technicians.
- Optimize routing and cover maintenance routes when needed.
- Knowledge and ability to perform and diagnose basic pool equipment repairs.
- Has knowledge on appropriate use of chemicals carried in retail store.
- Has knowledge of pool chemistry as affected by chemicals, FL weather conditions, bather load, etc.
- Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Review tech logs of clients’ pool maintenance details. Addresses all questionable results and any reported by techs and/or clients.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Provide customer support during service calls and while present at our retail store
- Working knowledge of pool chemistry to include specialty treatments
- Responsible for truck inventory control
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and professional manner
- Follow all company procedures and protocol
- Full-time schedule Monday – Friday
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must provide “non-relative” references
- Minimum of 2 years of solid, continuous work history
- Possess proficient communication and organizational skills
- Must have 1 year of Customer Service Experience.
- Must have applicable pool industry experience.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs
- Must have a valid Driver’s license with good driving history and no major violations or suspensions within past 5 years
- Must have 3 or more years of driving experience in the United States
- English required, bilingual is a plus
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members
- Hourly pay plus bonus.
- Company vehicle and fuel provided
- Company provided liability, workers comp, and commercial auto insurance
- Company shirts provided
- Holiday pay after 90 days
- Vacation pay after 1 year
- Growth opportunities and industry continuing education provided
- Pay increases based on performance
- Paid Training provided
- 90-day probationary period
- Bi-lingual a plus
- High school or equivalent
- CPO a plus